20080127

Response from Mr. Vermouth

c/o: a.VERMOUTH PRIVATE WORKSTATION, I&aP Branch Office.

sent from:
Alex Vermouth
c/o I&aP
9099 Cyran Bermuda
Office ROOF, The Love Shack
Firth, Perias, Helon 0059.4531

sent to:
JavaBomberman
c/o Lightstation: Passenger
terminal z12
javabomberman.Q.widernet

body:
encryption code accepted. encrypted message follows:

Clearance ID ALPHA>OMEGA>4400.SCOPIO

Forgive the late response. We have been having problems over here. As soon as I got your message concerning the Siphon and its link to the mysterious "AIUS" sequence ('digital vandalism' as the media outlets put it) I put together some tight ass crawler-bots to run queries on anything and everything to do with that bitch of a story. I checked the ArcNet, the UniSphere, TrinityWeb, and EVEN the Edgerspace Communication Grid. I checked them all. Mostly I found the same old boring crap. 'Siphon found empty! Crew missing! AIUS repeating sequence! Mystery!', but it was when I cracked some higher level pulse traffic on the ArcNet that I found something big. Real big. I got a couple seconds look at it, not enough time to extract it, and then my computer systems blinked out. Hmm, another Blackhat knocking out my connection because I had hit the gold mine, perhaps? Then on every single god damn monitor I owned the repeating sequence began to pour out: "AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS AIUS..." and so on. It was really messed. Nothing I have tried has cleaned out my systems of this damn AIUS virus. It's something otherworldly. I've gone through ten I&aP systemTerminals already. The boss is totally going to fry my ass when he finds out. It's crazy. Any terminal I bring into that room gets infected by the virus. EVEN IF THEY AREN'T SHARING ANY COMMUNICATIONS!!!! I do not know how it's possible, it only seems to work in THAT room. I've locked and quarantined that office so nobody can get in, I want to do some more tests but I don't want any old idiot to walk in there an kill their pocket tablet or something.

Now I'm doing my work from on the roof. I've set up a nice little shack up here, right next to the I&aP communication array. As soon as I build some better net-defense bots I'll try and decrypt and extract that golden nugget I found on the ArcNet. As soon as I crack it, I'll let you know what it's all about. Here's hoping I don't fuck up any more of I&aP's computer systems.

-Alex, out.

end encryption.

MESSAGE ENDS

No comments: